FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:03 am
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I noticed on the Surpass that you mentioned upgrading rather than getting a new Surpass ( which gives more than 50K). Is the reason for that you already had the Surpass and think you would get the 50K points via the upgrade from the no fee card but would be denied if you applied for the Surpass as a new card ?
Yep, had the no fee, after a year applied for the Surpass while keeping the no fee card open, using in private browsing. Canceled the Surpass after a year when the AF came due. Thought I was out of options for bonus HH points from AMEX, but according to the OP above, I can do the upgrade @once a year, over and over.

Not a great deal at a $75 AF for only 50K points, but still cheaper than paying Hilton room rates. Using the 5th night free option in Europe there are some pretty decent hotels where that $75/50K points gets you 2 nights that would otherwise cost @$250. Worth doing: yes. Worth cheering about: no...