FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX Routes with First Class?
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:00 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by agjil
Does CX serve Krug in first class on intra-Asia flights?
I'm flying from Japan to Hong Kong in CX F next month, and I'm genuinely curious if I'll get to see Krug on my flight.
This is gonna be my first time flying intra-Asia first class on Cathay Pacific.
No Krug is definifely not served.

I last flew KIX-HKG in F a few months ago and can't recall, but think it was Amour de Deutz Blanc de Blanc. Previously I've flown to/from HND and it was definitely the Deutz Blanc de Blancs.

Btw, we have a thread CX F Menus 2015. You should look it up Carfield posted a KIX menu in there. Fwiw, that should be a sticky post! Update: I have gotten the link for you. Indeed, Amour de Deutz Blanc de Blancs. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24854412-post33.html.

Btw, Deutz Blanc de Blanc is fantastic. I'd prefer it to Krug Brut NV. I've seen around First Class blogger circles (I've been reading a blog called "One Mile at a Time"), a lot of people seem to have this blind obsession for Krug....I'd be willing to wager many of these types couldn't identify Krug in a blind tasting, and might even prefer the Amour de Deutz blind. Krug NV is a lovely but somewhat predictable blend with a huge markup thanks to LVMH's ownership (still great though! just predictable, and literally everywhere). Pretty sure Roederer owns Deutz, but just not the same level of hype machine around it. Overall better value IMHO. And at least on par to Krug NV in terms of quality of wine.

Last edited by QRC3288; Aug 7, 2015 at 7:50 am Reason: 1.) updated link to F menus, 2.) thoughts about Blanc de Blanc...is really good anyway!