FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - full ticket cancelled by first leg airline.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 5:11 pm
Pushy

full ticket cancelled by first leg airline.

Hi! I need help and advise, was suppose to fly BHX to ORD, no information on ticket booked via online travel site, about check in or any other visa information. reached airport 1hour 15 min before departure as it was an European flight. At check-in was asked to apply for ESTA visa which too time as I was travelling with my two kids. was told check-in will shut at 7:20 asked if I can do the Esta when I have a 2hrs 35 min stopover before flight to USA, was told donot worry we will sort out just get visa done. check-in counter shut off before 7:20 when airline counter was approached by this time flight was at gate. the check -in staff had torn my booking and binned before leaving. airline counter official took it out of the bin and checked what can be done, told us to call travel agent.
called travel agent as the fight was still at the gate, travel agent said will book me on to evening flight and connecting flight next morning will have to pay another £175+45 booking fee per passenger. at this point the call was dropped. so I rang again, flight had left by now, the travel agent changed the story said they cannot offer me anything as I had missed this flight and only £70 per passenger can be refunded. by this time I realised that the car was parked at drop off so we decided to go home and sort this out. £47 car park cost.
spoke to travel agent was told will try and re-arrange my flight for the 11th they have to check with airline. After speaking to the airline came back and told me my full travel ticket, outbound and in-bound has been cancelled and I will not get much only unused taxes as it was no show.
Please can anyone help.
thank you