FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel National, Luxury Collection, Moscow [Master Thread]
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:04 am
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by jejb
The Welcome gift buffet breakfast has been downgraded to the "Business Breakfast" in the Alexandrovsky Bar. Apparently the change is recent and wasn't made clear on arrival, so I had the usual buffet for the first day until they told me.

According to the manager "Starwood required them to do this". However, it looks like part of unrelated cost cutting measures since a lot of the expensive features of the usual Buffet Breakfast are missing (no more ikura caviar, no more champagne and no more quails eggs).
This is true now and is really bad. The new breakfast offered to Plats is a danish or croissant with yogurt. That is ridiculous. I don't eat yogurt and do not consider a croissant breakfast. Certainly not a healthy one!

The buffet breakfast that is not offered it a nice spread with made to order eggs. It is absolutely not Starwood who mandated this as Platinums get full buffet breakfast in many countries, including Russia in St Petersburg and a few blocks away from the National at the St Regis. Just another sad data point re this hotel. I am strongly considering checking out early and heading back to the St Regis.