FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Milan, where to stay during a trade fair...
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:53 am
YVR Cockroach
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by Perche
No, you cannot do this. You would have to buy a ticket to Pavia, then a ticket to La Spezia. There is no way to get on and off different trains. As they say in Italy, "Not possible." If you really want to see Pavia, that would only cost you about 3 euros on a local train from Milano, then you could catch an Intercity from there to La Spezia. I think that Monterregiano is a region in Tuscany, it's not on the way to La Spezia from Milano.
If I did stay in Pavia or somewhere down the line, I would buy a seperate ticket from Milano to there.

What I was saying is that I have a ticket for Day X between Milano and La Spezia on Train Y (a specific train (in this case, an IC) at a specific time on Day X). What I am saying is that I presume that on Day X, I can get on and off train Y at any points between the specifically-ticketed points (Milan and La Spezia). Pavia and Monterosso happen to be stops for train Y on Day X between Milan and La Spezia.

And yes, it is Monterosso that we're planning to get off at.