FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad First Class Experience - Contact AA or leave it?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:13 am
joepercussion1

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Thumbs down Bad First Class Experience - Contact AA or leave it?

Hey all, really conflicted as to whether I should say something or just leave it be.

I flew last night TPA>MIA>MSY with a companion on the same record. We were offered at check in to upgrade the MIA>MSY segment for $90 each. Headed home from a less than perfect vacation (beach trip ruined by record rains), we decided to splurge a bit and go for it.

On board, there was no PDB service. The attendants were all at the front having what seemed to be a comedy club based on the amount of laughter coming from the galley. The first class attendant even closed the door 5 minutes prior to departure and went through the safety video despite bags still being loaded. Shortly after playing this, they re-opened the door to let another passenger on, as well as to have some maintenance performed, which delayed us for approximately 20 minutes past the scheduled departure. Even during this, still no PDB. We also had to re-do the safety video because a new passenger joined and he played it too early.

Once in the air, the attendant took drink orders and served them once at 10,000ft. This was the first time I ever had to pour my own drink in F (No big deal to me, but never had this on AA before) while other passengers were given their drinks pre-poured. Shortly after passing drinks out, the snack basket came around. The purser passed out to the first 2 rows, and then handed the basket to another attendant to finish passing it. We were the only 2 seats that were not offered the basket. I saw her go back into the galley, thinking maybe they were restocking it, but after about 10 minutes, I had to ring my call button for them to come by and make it right.

Once on the ground in New Orleans, it took 45 minutes for our priority bags to come out. Normally, this station is very good for getting the priority bags out quick, but not tonight.

Overall, I am not too happy with what I received on this flight. I have had much better F experiences on shorter AA flights. What does everyone here think about this?

Note: We had 5E and 5F on a 737-800

Last edited by joepercussion1; Aug 5, 2015 at 10:17 am Reason: Wrong seats quoted