FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business for You - Ottima and/or Magnifica?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:11 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Business for You - Ottima and/or Magnifica?

The Freccia Alata club page says the following regarding "Business For You":

Originally Posted by Alitalia
BUSINESS FORYOU

With Business ForYou, you can request up to four free upgrades to Classica Plus – Premium Economy Class or Ottima – Business Class for yourself or for the person of your choice.

Business ForYou is valid for Alitalia tickets in Classica – Economy (booking classes Y, B, M and H) on medium- and long-haul international flights operated by Alitalia.
But it's not right that Freccia Alata can use these upgrades on longhaul, is it?

Or is my understanding that:
"Ottima" = medium haul = narrow body plane, European (mainly) routes, typical middle-seat-blocked "businesss" class?
"Magnifica" = long haul = widebody plane, aka "proper" business class

also incorrect?

On the Club Advantages table it seems pretty clear that Freccia Alata upgrades can only be used for Business Class on medium haul (Ottima):

Am I therefore correct in saying that only Freccia Alata Plus passengers can hope to use these upgrades to Business Class on long haul (Magnifica)?

I also just wanted to draw attention to this, in case any other new MilleMiglia customers weren't aware about the restrictions.

Or can someone give more information on the differences between Ottima/Magnifica, and on which routes they are deployed? Grazie!