FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blistering NYT piece on SkyMiles: In DL’s FF Magic Trick, Not Just Rabbits Disappear
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:59 am
avidflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by pbarnette
And, FWIW, I think this whole "this is a FF forum" nonsense that is trotted out routinely is beyond stupid. Moreover, I think those saying it know it. There is a lot of great information on this site that has nothing to do with FF programs. Indeed, I'd say the majority of the information on this site has nothing to do with FF programs. To use the "this is a FF forum" canard to try and stifle dissenting views is disingenuous BS. And you are better than that and you know it.

First I never said you or anyone else should not post here. I would never say that and you and the Mods know that. I get a lot of information from you and several others who are in the "I like what SM has become" camp. And yes, FT is about many useful things to people who, like it or not, must use air travel to manage their personal/business life. But I will point out that Flyertalk has lots of forums about all things travel. This particular forum is in the "Miles and Points" area of FT and specifically the Skymiles sub-forum. Its not shocking that there are people here who do care.

Why you are "amazed" that people would make flying decisions based on a FF program. For the general public I 100% agree with you but this is where our location matters. Here, in a forum for just the most avid (yuk) of the FF program zombies (and I call myself one), it is to be expected that the audience DOES care.

There are MANY who feel the program changes are not good. There are a few who LOVE the changes...but at the end of the day we are all here to discuss the Delta "Miles and Points" program. It is COMPLETLY understandable why when the vast majority of the people who are here to maximize their points are handed a change(s) that puts them worse off than they were last year they are not happy about it. They may or may not do something about it but certainly you can understand why there are some upset folks.

Just as you will say "whining" will not change a thing because Delta is making record profits I would say lecturing people about why a FF program is no way to pick an airline, in this particular space, is just as futile.