FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blistering NYT piece on SkyMiles: In DL’s FF Magic Trick, Not Just Rabbits Disappear
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:37 am
CPMaverick

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
I figured I would give this thread a week, come back and see how many of the same people have posted here. Sure enough, 11 or so pages and the same 10 to 12 people cant seem to get enough of wrongfully thinking that everything costs 830,000 skymiles.
I posted once.

@ CPMaverack, when did I ever use those words 'Shame on anyone? Hint...nowhere, so why put words into my mouth?
Looks like here to me:

if you are that less then .0001%, live in Australia and collect skymiles then shame on you.

As for your ridiculous, asinine comment of me being ignorant for what I am slamming, please describe to me in detail what exactly it is I am slamming?
See above.

Just so happens, I never slammed anything other then the naysayers who think every reward is going to cost 830,000 miles ex SYD and other international destinations. I love the skymiles DL program for the same reasons you do and if anything, I supported the idea that they are and still will be very useful from other location other then originating from the good ole U. S. OF A. If you want to slam anyone for there ignorance, it should be the bumbling idiot that wrote that NY Times piece about skymiles.
I think the NYT piece is well written. I agree that they could have been more balanced by at least stating that the 830k redemption was not typical. But it is a real redemption, and much higher than other airlines charge for their most expensive seats that are widely available. So it's a legitimate article in my opinion, and Delta is last in this area amongst US carriers.