FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blistering NYT piece on SkyMiles: In DL’s FF Magic Trick, Not Just Rabbits Disappear
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:45 am
DL2SXM
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
I am that person. Why shame on me? Virgin Australia is a great airline, and gives good RDM and MQM on Delta. And they reward Delta PLT and above with free lounge access, free bags, and free same-day flight changes.

I find the Diamond upgrade certs very useful for the long-hauls to the US and Skymiles can be better than Velocity in some ways.

So why shame on me? Or is it that you have no idea what it would be like to live in Australia and collect Skymiles? You are just ignorant of what you are slamming. Nice trolling.
I figured I would give this thread a week, come back and see how many of the same people have posted here. Sure enough, 11 or so pages and the same 10 to 12 people cant seem to get enough of wrongfully thinking that everything costs 830,000 skymiles.

@ CPMaverack, when did I ever use those words 'Shame on anyone? Hint...nowhere, so why put words into my mouth? I said most folks live outside of the SYD area and then I took the time to find and list plenty of examples of award flights ex SYD for travel after June 1st, 2016 in J that cost a very reasonable amount of miles.

But, there are people that read an article and based on that biased article, become believers. Truly astounding.

Random dates, June 2016. Tons of availability for SYD to DTW in coach for 115,000 miles. If you want D1, how does 255,000 miles sound? Plenty of dates for that to. Shall I go on?

As for your ridiculous, asinine comment of me being ignorant for what I am slamming, please describe to me in detail what exactly it is I am slamming? For living in SYD? Please, give me a break. Someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday? Just so happens, I never slammed anything other then the naysayers who think every reward is going to cost 830,000 miles ex SYD and other international destinations. I love the skymiles DL program for the same reasons you do and if anything, I supported the idea that they are and still will be very useful from other location other then originating from the good ole U. S. OF A. If you want to slam anyone for there ignorance, it should be the bumbling idiot that wrote that NY Times piece about skymiles.

Last edited by DL2SXM; Aug 5, 2015 at 4:47 am