FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blistering NYT piece on SkyMiles: In DL’s FF Magic Trick, Not Just Rabbits Disappear
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:23 pm
RealHJ

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
I am that person. Why shame on me? Virgin Australia is a great airline, and gives good RDM and MQM on Delta. And they reward Delta PLT and above with free lounge access, free bags, and free same-day flight changes.

I find the Diamond upgrade certs very useful for the long-hauls to the US and Skymiles can be better than Velocity in some ways.

So why shame on me? Or is it that you have no idea what it would be like to live in Australia and collect Skymiles? You are just ignorant of what you are slamming. Nice trolling.
+10000

The extreme narrow-mindedness and myopic view of some of the frequent trolls here (who unfortunately are still allowed to roam in the wild and don't have their accounts suspended) is truly mind boggling, especially if they actually believe the insolent nonsense that that they are spewing. Even though you may be tempted to think that such ignorant and extremely self-centered and "screw everyone else who isn't me" individuals, where the whole world revolves around them, are typical Americans, they are not. The few trolls like that are just the embodiment of all the very worst...

However, the Dullta management - at least, many parts of it - does seem to share the same very US centric, myopic views and a high level of ignorance (there's far too many examples to even start listing, gems such as Bogota being in the [District of] Columbia that the DL site said some years ago, how Dullta totally ruined all the good will and reputation in Japan and elsewhere in Asia that NWA had, how it left it's Japanese CC holders with deactivated cards with no notice*, and so on), which are ultimately much to their determent. IMO, the Dullta mgmnt views would be more appropriate for a small regional "air lines" vs. a global airline that DL purports to be.

*all boneheaded DL decisions/handling of things that I recall reading about here on FT earlier, not independently verified