FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blistering NYT piece on SkyMiles: In DL’s FF Magic Trick, Not Just Rabbits Disappear
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:19 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Blistering NYT piece on SkyMiles: In DL’s FF Magic Trick, Not Just Rabbits Disappear

Originally Posted by pbarnette
Just because you aren't motivated by an FF program doesn't mean you won't maximize it if available.

And, FWIW, I think this whole "this is a FF forum" nonsense that is trotted out routinely is beyond stupid. Moreover, I think those saying it know it. There is a lot of great information on this site that has nothing to do with FF programs. Indeed, I'd say the majority of the information on this site has nothing to do with FF programs. To use the "this is a FF forum" canard to try and stifle dissenting views is disingenuous BS. And you are better than that and you know it.

+2. Couldn't have said it better myself.

FT provides tons of value in things like how airline policies work in practice, seating nuances, connection times, lounge access nuances, and other things that help make the travel experience more pleasant.

To say that, because I prioritize those things, I should have no interest in the FFP is absurd. I do have the ability to recognize that any FFP is icing on the cake, and at the same time very much enjoy icing.

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Aug 5, 2015 at 11:27 am Reason: Removed quote deleted by the moderator