FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blistering NYT piece on SkyMiles: In DL’s FF Magic Trick, Not Just Rabbits Disappear
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:49 pm
krlcomm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Quote:

Originally Posted by DL2SXM

Folks, and lets be honest with each other, how many people here live in Australia, collect skymiles and/or will be originating a round trip award itinerary from SYD? I am guessing the answer is less then .00001%. Who really cares what it costs mileage wise to travel from SYD to the states. And, if you are that less then .0001%, live in Australia and collect skymiles then shame on you.

I am that person. Why shame on me? Virgin Australia is a great airline, and gives good RDM and MQM on Delta. And they reward Delta PLT and above with free lounge access, free bags, and free same-day flight changes.

I find the Diamond upgrade certs very useful for the long-hauls to the US and Skymiles can be better than Velocity in some ways.

So why shame on me? Or is it that you have no idea what it would be like to live in Australia and collect Skymiles? You are just ignorant of what you are slamming. Nice trolling.
+1000 always nice when someone else's myopic view of the world is the only perspective they have.