FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blistering NYT piece on SkyMiles: In DL’s FF Magic Trick, Not Just Rabbits Disappear
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:32 pm
pbarnette
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Except QF does release multiple F/J seats, on every flight. They just get snapped up very quickly, and the AA booking window is shorter than those in other Oneworld FF programs, so many of those award seats never become available to AA bookers. Perhaps they are underpricing them, but QF severely devalued Qantas Frequent Flyer not long ago (If DL has Skypesos, QFF is surely Zimbabwean dollars...), so it seems doubtful that it is that.
Even if all of that is true, that doesn't really disprove my point that UA and AA do not offer significant low mileage availability on the route.

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
DL similarly has terrible award availability on their own metal LAX-SYD, and in December and January there are quite a few days where business class awards show as not available, even if willing to pay 870,000 miles (ignoring PWM for a moment).
I'm not concerned with whether it is DL metal or not. Considering that you can't open a thread like this without having to listen to some AA fan prattle on about their great partners, or endure some UA fan drone on about how once a year redemptions on NH or OZ make flying the worst of the majors all worthwhile, I don't think most of FT is overly concerned with whether it is DL metal either. Oh, they may claim they care, but only if it is convenient for their argument.