FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:09 pm
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Seat 2A

21. Seven European airlines serve Chicago. Only two of them offer nonstop flights from Europe. Identify the two airlines and the nonstop routes served.
21. Wild guess time: Air France to Paris and Lufthansa to Frankfurt with both flights being operated with Boeing 707 aircraft.

And when we do get this one answered, I think it would be interesting to know just which European air carriers were permitted to transport local traffic between Chicago and Montreal in 1966 as a number of flights stopped at Montreal back then between ORD and Europe.

BTW, I flew from DFW to ORD to YUL on an American Airlines through flight operated with a 707 back in 1978. I had actually originated in AUS on a Braniff 727 up to DFW the afternoon before and then had to spend the night near the airport due to the connecting schedule. Not too many choices back then for air travel from central Texas to Quebec.

I had flown to Montreal at the invitation of an old friend who had requested my assistance with regard to driving a classic old automobile back to Austin. And it was a real classic: a 1953 right hand drive Bentley. It turned out to be a rather interesting road trip due to the fact that unless one really concentrated on one's driving, that old car had a real propensity to make a break for either the median or the shoulder while cruising on the freeway. Fortunately, we did not end up in the weeds during our journey.

Last edited by jlemon; Aug 4, 2015 at 2:22 pm Reason: wordsmithing, as usual