FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Honolulu and the Halekulani via United and American First Class
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:21 am
Longboater

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
As always great trip report SFO777. Last time I was on Oahu for more than just a connection back home was 15 years ago or so. Doesn't appear Waikiki has changed that much. The UA flight looked old school, but this time for the better! I actually prefer 2-5-2 on the 777 and its good to see UA using their old Y seats rather than those hideous slimlines. That and extra leg room in Y+ looks like a pretty decent daytime flight to paradise. First Class actually reminded me of Delta's old L1011s that used to do ATL-HNL runs. Food looked pretty decent too, even better than what Delta would likely be offering. Did they seriously use just one jet bridge at door one. I would have been incredibly annoyed by having 300 or so people pass through. I know Delta always usually door two and at HNL, both doors. One question for you. Did you use the wifi? If so, how was the speed?