FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WORST thing that happened while on a trip?
Old Aug 18, 1999, 12:02 am
Karen2

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Where to begin??

After a lovely night seeing Miss Saigon in NYC, drove to Long Island, registered at Marriott, went to room. Husband followed shortly thereafter and announced that we would be "traveling light." A thief had stolen our bags from the car while in NYC, a block from the police station. Fortunately, we were dressed up for the play so my husband could make his sales call the next day. He sent me to the nearest store to get essentials - Kmart!

Only other theft in Napa, CA, where we would least expect it. Stole our jackets in car right next to stadium while our daughter performed in a HS marching band. Bummer: on my jacket lapel was my souvenir pin from our Antarctia trip. See a guy with a penguin pin in Napa, call the cops!

Hurricane Iwa in 1982 in Kauai - Red Cross shelter with no beds. Sat up all night. Tried to sleep in rental car but heat and mosquitoes made it impossible. Had 5 mo old daughter with us. She had car bed!

All in all, nothing so terrible that it did not make entertaining cocktail party talk. Entertaining to us, at least!!