FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which would you do? One-stop C, or two stop C/F +maybe Y?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:59 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Duke787
Does United domestic F not qualify as F for AV? If it does have you looked into routing via ORD or even IAH and then seeing if there is UA F availability?
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Does AV give you the option of tagging on the SFO-SEA F if an award seat opens up?
Nope, because UA codes their domestic F as C as far as award redemptions go, and AV requires same cabin on all segments. It's one of their delightful little quirks.

Originally Posted by Duke787
Another option to consider is OZ F to SEA which is getting Suites for some period of time - though I don't believe TG / OZ have any F to ICN so that might not work with AV
OZ is flying 2-class Smartium planes to SEA (same basic seat as TG A380 C/NH 788 C). All things being equal I'd likely pick TG/NH over TG/OZ or OZ/OZ since I'd get slanty recliners on the BKK-ICN segment, similar to flying NH out of BKK. TG and OZ's midhaul seat is OK for a daytime trip but nothing special.

And yeah, what the heck, might as well do it through SFO. I should be able to wait at SFO and do 90 minutes in exit row Y... and if things go south on the separate ticket AS will likely have my back.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Aug 3, 2015 at 10:07 pm