FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok tips
Thread: Bangkok tips
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 1999, 6:14 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What do you want to know? Many FT's with frequent trips here! It's one of my personal favorite cities in the world and great food is just part of it!

Where are you staying? Business too or just pleasure? (No, NOT NaNa Plaza type of pleasure!) This is a G-rated board as Catman says.

If you're going NW, I do hope you are prepared to return quite early! I usually don't even bother to retire when I take NW and just head straight to the airport! It's a long flight and using miles to upgrade is a real goo idea. Last year I stayed for 8 days at the relatively new JW Marriott on Sukumvit and it was okay, especially on the Executive Floor. The fitness center is superb, possibly the best in town. If you just are doing a holiday you may want to stay along the Chao Prah River. The Marriott Royal Garden Riverside runs a boat very frequently and it is kind of a resort style hotel a littel away from the hustle and bustle. Anyway, service is wonderful and the prices are very cheap.

If this is you first trip to Asia then you are in for both a surprise and a delight. Interesting and fun! The Thai people are wonderful!