FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2015)
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:33 am
Mamibear

Originally Posted by air360
I usually use RB but may open a BB for my wife here shortly.
Couple quick questions if you don't mind:

1) Are paper checks still available/used with BB? Would be a benefit for paying our rent directly from BB.

2) I used to have a Serve before RB. Is there any real advantage of Serve over BB beside possible online load? This time around paper checks would be more important to me than online load.
if paper checks are valuable to you, check GoBank prepaid. They now have paper checks that are so easy to use. You just preauthorize them and amount is taken off your available balance. Give check to payee and it'll go through! Compared to BB checks which gave me troubles in the past regarding pre authorization, GoBank checks are easy to use as long as you've pre-authorized it prior to being presented to bank.

I've had GoBank account for 2 yrs now and have not paid maintenance fees; I read there are maintenance fees now but there are also ways to dodge it with DD. check it out if interested.