FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie Question Dubai immigration
Thread: Newbie Question Dubai immigration
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:45 am
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I travelled to DXB on LH in May.

There was a special immigration lane for F and C pax on LH, KLM and other carriers BUT it was by invitation only, i.e. you need fast lane pass from the flight crew or ground services upon arrival (the latter may be very difficult). I saw the majority of (angry) C class pax being turned away because they had no pass/invitation (obviously, they were not aware that they should have asked for it on the plane).

The imm. lines are very long in the late evening with many flights arriving around the same time, including LH and KLM.
Why are you waiting in any line? If you have a European or American passport (yours is Danish)?? you can go right to the E Gates (same as Global Entry in the U.S.). The first time you use it immigration will register you (takes 5 min) and from then on no more lines in immigration. Right to the Egate, IRIS scan and your thru. Why aren't more Americans or Europeans using this?? Especially if flying into T1 which is a nightmare (even with fast track). The other option is Marhaba. $45 and you get the buggy, porter service and best of all, THe VIP/Diplomat immigration line (never seen more thrn 1-2 people on line for that

**ive never seen LH or LX give out fast track cards (maybe they do in J) but in F there is no need, F gets Marhaba service paid for by the airline. The problem is they don't tell you this. So if you don't normally fly LH/LX F into DXB there would be no reason for you to look for the Marhaba agent waiting for you. I always see F pax walk right by them cuz they don't know