FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blistering NYT piece on SkyMiles: In DL’s FF Magic Trick, Not Just Rabbits Disappear
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:52 pm
davetravels
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Yet....despite all these low-rev gamers stomping their feet, the profits keep rolling in.

Get used to a healthy airline industry. Good for DL, good for stockholders, good for the business, good for passengers. The only people it is bad for are the folks that game and those that don't pay a profitable fare.
Yes, consolidation has been GREAT for passengers. Less flights / choices. Higher prices. Award programs tightening up.

As to gamers, as you call them, they work with the system that was given to them. There's no way to game a system, when DL has created the rules! We work with whatever rules we are given. When DL feels they have created a loophole that allows so-called "gaming", they have every right to close it, and they have in the past.

Personally, even with each subsequent SkyMiles "enhancement", I don't complain. I realize that I'm a low fare, very frequent flyer, and I'm actually thankful for DM perks, and any free award travel I take. So far, I'm able to do what I need to do to maximize my benefits and my award travel, although it's getting a little tougher to do.