FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blistering NYT piece on SkyMiles: In DL’s FF Magic Trick, Not Just Rabbits Disappear
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:45 pm
bubbashow

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I was with you up until the last statement in bold. It's not my job as a passenger to determine if my fare is profitable to DL or not. DL was willing to sell a fare at that price and so I bought it. Now if DL doesn't want to reward me the way they used to, that's fine and I can get the business decisions behind that. That doesn't mean I'm "gaming the system". It just means we're paying the published fare that is set by DL that meets my wants and needs.
I will agree with you on that. It is the understanding of the business sense of rewarding/not rewarding certain fares. I agree that a cheap fare is not necessarily gaming the system. There is a group of gamers on here that is stomping louder and louder because they have lost what they had (and the noose is tightening across the industry) and they can't stand it.

DL is making tremendous profits....which leads to a safe airline, an updated product, happy employees, and in the end happy customers. These doomsday predictions for DL are nauseating (at best) and indicate the true lack of critical thinking, business acumen, or basic sense by a lot of people.

My anecdotal experience is GREAT with redeeming awards. I just picked up a DTW-LHR on VS Upper class for 62,500 in a couple of weeks. Great use of miles IMO.

I love the way that DL treats me as a DM. They have always gone out of their way to get me where I want to go.