FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:04 pm
romans837

I know there's been some discussion in comparing the IC HK vs IC GS on this thread already but hoping to get some additional color. I'm looking to book 4 nights for December and the rates are significantly different.

I know the IC HK is in a different league but how much $$ is it really worth (of course this is going to be highly subjective)?

The base room at IC HK (INTERCONTINENTAL SUPERIOR ROOM) is HKD 2512.50 (pre-paid rate) while a harbor view room at IC GC (PREMIER FULL HARBOUR VIEW) is HKD 2070 (advance booking, free cancelation).

I'm Platinum Elite via Chase and would consider purchasing Ambassador if there's value to be had. Is the IC HK worth that big a price difference (Harbor View room is HKD 3112.50)? Going with wife for a family wedding so it's kind of a special occasion as we don't make it to Asia very often.

I've been looking at these properties as I'm hoping Platinum status will at least have some perks as I don't have any status elsewhere. But would I be better off at a different property altogether in the TST area? Also hope to use Citi Prestige 4th night free benefit; so that would help offset the price difference a bit if I go with IC HK.

FWIW, I already booked 2 nights at IC GS (base Premier Room) for an earlier part of the trip then going to Shanghai for 2 nights before return to HK for last 4 nights of the trip.

Last edited by romans837; Aug 2, 2015 at 12:11 pm