FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:16 am
seenitall

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Arrow

You have two completely separate issues: UA and CDG/Easy. All you can hope for from UA is that it gets you to CDG on time, or preferably early. Sometimes it happens, other times it doesn't.

Next, you have to clear immigration at T1. I usually find this to be quite quick when arriving from IAD, but if you arrive just after a few A380s for KUL, BKK, SIN or PVG arrive, it can take 15-30 minutes. If you have bags to claim, that, again, is usually fairly quick -- but don't count on seeing your bags until at least 30 minutes after your UA plane hits the gate.

After that, you need to hot foot it to the CDGVAL train, this will take 5-10 minutes, with the train ride taking about 8 minutes. You have now have arrived at the T2 CDGVAL station, and you will need to walk/run to T2D, check in with Easy and then clear security. Unless Easy provides you with an Access1 pass (which I do not know whether they do), you will not be able to use it. Count on security at T2 taking you at least 10-20 minutes.

All of this adds up to at least 75 minutes. You will need to wear your running shoes and hope there are no glitches. Note, too, the admonition on the CDG website:

If you booked your flights separately (you have arranged your own flight connection or you need to pick up baggage at CDG)
these minimum connection times don’t apply.
You should allow extra time to clear baggage reclaim and passport control, transfer between terminals,
then check in and clear security for your outbound flight.

Your main issues will be with Easy. See this page: http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/at-the-airport/boarding. It notes that Easy closes the gate 30 minutes prior to departure, but also if you arrive at the airport within 2 hours after scheduled departure, they may rebook you for a "rescue fee." I think you need to be prepared to pay this if anything doesn't go perfectly.