FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free Windows 10 upgrade
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:48 pm
YVR Cockroach
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
What does your primary hard disk partition look like? Is there a Fat32 partition? Or just NTFS?
Have 2 drives. The OEM one which was partioned by Acer. Think it is NTFS. The 1TB Seagate is definitely NTFS and formatted in a single partition. The Seagate was working when I changed drives to try the UG.

Also, for your knowledge - this is the difference between the CMOS and a BIOS.
BIOS being the programming code that runs the computer and CMOS is what it is stored on.

While I respect your opinion, I find it highly unlikely that it went in to change the boot order AND disabled the keyboard input. In fact, dare I say it, it's impossible. Something else must have happened.
What could have? Not responding to any KB inputs. I should try to video what it is doing.

Also, is your mobo UEFI compliant? (and you just turned on legacy BIOS) or is your board a BIOS only (for all intents and purposes) board?
[/quote]

No UEFI option or any option to switch to such in BIOS (Phoenix FWIW) on the bricked Acer (the 1 year newer Aspire I am typing this on does though, and I will not be UGing to Win 10 on it).