FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware customs officials in Mumbai International airport!!! [merged]
Old Aug 1, 2015, 6:39 pm
Poetryl

Originally Posted by safari_7
Thanks a lot for all your replies and suggestions. Expensive lesson learnt and shall handle it suitably next time....... I guess India hasn't changed afterall, and the customs officials are just as awful and corrupt as before.

One more thing....... after finding the loophole with the camera goodies and the amounts..... they then went onto inspect each item of my duffle bag to see what else they can dig up (although it already went through the scanner). Just dirty clothes from the safari, but, they were disgusting handling every item of clothing in front of the whole world. Cheap B#$$ards .......

Thanks all........
Sorry to read you have to go thru.
In my recent trip I see even though you go thru "Green Channel" in Mumbai airport every one has to put baggage on the belt and security guy will check thru scanner, as a result there is huge line in fron of these two scanners. While in Delhi I see completely different if you are go thru green channel you just walk out with your luggage.
My experiences in Mumbai airport (travelling since 1998) never been good, I tried to avoid mumbai as much as possible because of harrasement of guys in customs and lot of people inside the airport asking for you know "what". While in Delhi I never had any problems.