FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SUGGESTION BOX: How can we improve this forum?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:58 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jackal
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I am going to repeat my request that a subforum be created for "Help me use my miles to fly to XXX". with the influx of new members as a result of media, this topic is now the predominant one in ID. A sticky should be created pointing people to links to encourage self sufficiency, rather than people using ID as a miles booking service.

To cite the Shopping Mall information desk analogy that people like, the Information Desk is turning into a personal shopper service.
Stickies we can do (feel free to write one--perhaps preferably using a wiki format that all can contribute to--and it may be something we can sticky, though we also need to avoid having too many stickies at the top of the page), but new forums are the domain of the TalkBoard.
I would hope that the forum moderators would be in regular communication with the Talk Board about how a new forum is working or not working...

But if a subforum is insuperable, surely the moderators could create a thread "Help me book a flight to...." and move each of the inquiries there, or just lock or move these inquiries generally

The sticky would say "Information Desk is not an award booking service or a travel agent."