FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - inventory control changes on F wines?
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2015, 5:10 am
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by lenyoga
... and was told the opposite story by those recent pursors which clearly meant they were lying, I wondered if Emirates had made recent inventory control changes the pursers did not want to discuss. Truly amazing how that simple question turned into four pages of childish foolishness.

Were there to be anyone who did want to know, I am also now able to answer my own question. When I discussed this issue with the purser during my flight back from DXB-JFK, he assured me they have not made any such change and thought it strange the other pursers made those decisions. As we were getting ready to land he handed me another cloth Emirates bag and said he hoped to welcome me back soon. Inside was a bottle of Dom, which I did not ask for either directly or indirectly.
I think it has been pointed out a couple of times, the pursers weren't necessarily 'lying to you', they were simply telling you 'no' in a way that was polite and that they thought was unlikely to offend you.

Once you discussed this issue with the latest purser, they then had a reason to mark 'service recovery' by the bottle of champagne they gave you on leaving the aircraft. They probably sensed you weren't too happy.

Service recovery is a legitimate reason for being given a bottle of wine. Handing them to all passengers who ask is probably not. Otherwise, pretty soon, 14/14 passengers on future flights will all be asking for a bottle of wine to take home.