FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - inventory control changes on F wines?
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:31 am
lenyoga

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Back 10-15 years ago it was very common for FA's to give unopened bottles of wines to Golds, special occasions, etc. but corporate frowns on this now so why should a FA who does not know you jeapordize getting even a small reprimand for someone they don't know. I have not been offered a bottle of wine in years (and im an IO) but I got a nice surprise a few weeks ago. The bottle of Paradis on the F bar was unopened (still had plastic wrap). I was discussing the fact it was a shame it was going away soon & he asked if I wanted a glass. I told him no reason to open the bottle, I would drink the other Henessy from the F galley. On my way out the door he handed me the bottle of Paradis with just a wink. That was a very rare experience, even in F with status like mine.
This post, as well as another here, as well as my personal experiences completely proves the repeated comments that it is an offense that could lead to termination to be completely false. To those who have suggested that notion, without knowing the answer, you have added nothing to this thread but blatent misinformation.

Regarding the continued obnoxious personal attacks that in no way attempt to answer the question, this website reminds me of Redditt, where anonymity allows trolls devoid of class or human behavioral ethics to post with impunity. Its truly sad that so many people here have nothing better to do in their lives than to spend their time in such a manner.

As I will no longer expect anyone on this thread to have the maturity it takes to answer a question without resorting to horribly negative insults, attacks and insinuations, I will simply end my participation in this thread the way I started it. By saying that although I expect no free favors ever, since in my personal experience it has never been uncommon for a pursor to gift a bottle of wine, and was told the opposite story by those recent pursors which clearly meant they were lying, I wondered if Emirates had made recent inventory control changes the pursers did not want to discuss. Truly amazing how that simple question turned into four pages of childish foolishness.

Were there to be anyone who did want to know, I am also now able to answer my own question. When I discussed this issue with the purser during my flight back from DXB-JFK, he assured me they have not made any such change and thought it strange the other pursers made those decisions. As we were getting ready to land he handed me another cloth Emirates bag and said he hoped to welcome me back soon. Inside was a bottle of Dom, which I did not ask for either directly or indirectly.