FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:09 pm
superangrypenguin
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I noticed this in HKG, but I've never noticed this in my travels in Canada, but wow this forum literally is empty at night Like post...midnight EST = dead. Before then, alive. Anyways, just an observation

Tomorrow is when I drop the hammer on Caesar's for their one sided apology.

Anyways, before people are like...wow, he complained on FT, I'll just put this out there. This was a thank you to the staff at the Palliser for what they did for us (FTers) - for our YYC Mini Do last week. This is the shortened version btw, but it is exactly the email I sent to one of their executives (the longer version went out to another group of people). So yeah, will I complain? Yes, but I will also do my part in thanking those that deserve it. Yes. I hope to think I'm fair And the exact email below was then forwarded to all the staff at the Fairmont Palliser. (by the person that I sent this too)

--
I hope all is well. I wanted to take some time to thank a few members on your staff. I stay at this hotel a few times a year, and during my last stay, I had a bit of an issue regarding room temperature, and a few other issues. Warren stepped in after the stay, called me to apologize and made things right.

This week I am back, and I really want to share my sincerest thanks to few people. Warren, Mark and Lauren were my main contacts prior to arriving at the hotel this week. Their service is absolutely impeccable. After 200 or so nights last year not at home, I can safely say that I live on the road. I have not been lost for words about anyone who works in the hospitality industry, prior to this stay. The service offered by these three individuals simply left me very positively shocked. A genuine thank you for the excellent service!

I’d also like to thank Magda for working with me to help me throw a party on Monday night for quite a few frequent fliers and Fairmont Plat members that I correspond with. I am, and will always continue to be, shocked at all of the hard work that went into pulling off this event. My thanks to Magda, her team, and the restaurant staff that night.

As always, please also say thanks to Greg, Paul and Neil for their hospitality in driving me around as usual.

While this hotel is not the hotel I usually stay at for my business travel, when I did get to the hotel last night, I decided to “check in” to the hotel on Facebook, and put in my post only one word. “home”.

The folks that work at this property are top notch. So please accept my genuine thanks for the many truly fantastic stays I have had at this hotel.
--

If Caesar's 'erred me, fine, whatever. The fact that they annoyed a friend too, bah, I will resolve this my way tomorrow. Not acceptable.

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Jul 30, 2015 at 10:26 pm