FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:36 pm
superangrypenguin
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Ohhh, more drama!

So, it turns out that the sneaky little buggers at Caesar's only called me today. Most likely because a Fairmont person called Caesar's (according to the Fairmont they send a lot of business there way). They did not call Adam.

What had happened was that the Caesar's manager called me, apologized, (and then some private stuff as to what else happened), and offered me a gift card. I said, no no, I don't usually come by this way, make sure you follow up with Adam and give it to him! Job done, right?

And so Adam and I are on email and I realized that Adam was never called. No apology for him. At this point, I am livid. (to be fair, I was bothered last night but never angry). That means the restaurant never called Adam to apologize and (unless they mailed it) never wanted to send Adam a gift card.

So why the unfair service recovery? Probably because the Fairmont people got involved.

Yes, people mess up from time to time, but you can tell how an establishment really cares about its customers based on how genuine they are in their reply. To me, it made me superangry, because that means the manager called me because they really didn't care about our experience, they just wanted to make sure the Fairmont was appeased.

I'm not amused. I followed up with the staff here at the Fairmont to explain what happened and to make sure that the restaurant follows up with what they promised me and to apologize to Adam.

The restaurant had both of our business cards, with our phone numbers. Adam's job title is cooler than mine too, and he dines there a lot more than I do. Wrong move Caesar's.

So for me, I'm never going back. Service recovery fail.