FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Admirals Club changes, closure, consolidation, etc. (Master Thread)
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:24 pm
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Lack of an MCO club led to me sticking in with DL.
Lack of an MCO club led me to create a new game when I transitioned from DL to AA called, let's see how late I can get to the airport and still make the flight. At this point, my record is pulling into a parking space in the garage at T-28 minutes.

With that said, an AC would be nice in MCO. I expect a new club of some sort to open at MCO soon, maybe not an AC though. EK will need some sort of lounge, and it seems unlikely to me that they would send their guests to the SkyClub how many of the other international MCO airlines do at this point. Couple that with the high number of S. American, Canadian, and European flights which don't get lounge access in Airside 1 and MCO is due for a lounge in that area. My only hope is that AA and US condense to Airside 1 and not Airside 3 where US is. I hate that side.

As others have mentioned, MCO has a lot of convention demand and sees quite a bit of paid F travel. I would expect that individuals paying for F would likely utilize an AC if it were available. I'd love to see a CL, but I know that isn't going to happen.