FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Y & J- LHR-MIA-LHR, Miami, Orlando & 2015 Chevy Tahoe
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:44 pm
louislitt

Programs: Amex Centurion, B.A. Silver, Virgin Atlantic Gold, C.X. Diamond
Kennedy Space Centre

*Thud*
*Thud*
*Thud*
*Looks around*
*Puts head on pillow goes back to sleep*

Mum- “ Louis get out of bed we leave for Titusville in 30 minutes, your Dad has a conference call that he wants to take on the road. Did you not get his calendar invite- you are late!”

Me: “Tit-what?!”

Like any 17 year old the only part of that conversation that hit home was the ‘Tit’ bit and that I was late.

I awoke that morning late in a rush, and heavily jet-lagged whilst trying to get dressed like Wallace and Gromit do in their cartoons. Of course they didn’t have their mother screaming at them but I did.

For those of you that are in the know, Titusville is where Cape Canaveral and Kennedy Space Centre (KSC) is located. KSC if you haven’t worked it out yet is the destination for todays trip.

I managed to meet the parent enforced deadline and after packing my bag we hit the road for todays adventure.

The distance from our home to KSC is around 1hr give or take 10 minutes.

I called On-Star to program our address and we were soon on our way.

Our routing took us past MCO, where we were the previous evening and surprise surprise we were fleeced once again by the 4 toll booths in the space of 20 miles.

At least I know the difference between all of the American coins.

Soon we arrived on the Florida Coastline:

We arrived at Kennedy and from this point i’m going to let the pictures do the talking.

JFK Memorial:

We took to the Apollo building and simulation centre immediately after arrival.

The back of Atlantis:

Psst and I thought the A380 was difficult to fly:

Landing Gear:

Want

We then took the bus tour and after waiting for 35 minutes and running into my physics teacher and his family from school we boarded our coach looking forward to a myriad of discoveries.

Go on Elon!:

Empty back row:

These overhead lights look older than the ones on the 747-400:

We drove around for about 20 minutes and then it started to rain.

We eventually arrived at the next exhibit where we stopped for lunch.

We went around the next exhibit:

Rain

Finally time to leave but not before a visit to the gift shop:

Can't drink from this with a straight face:

Soon we were back on the road but not before a pit stop to Orlando's outlets on International Drive:

Our route home took us past MCO which housed a couple of UPS MD-11's:

Next up: Universal Studios Orlando VIP Tour