FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SYD: Park Hyatt, Sheraton on the Park, or Westin?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:10 am
dwbf11
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I came across this post while trying to plan my first trip to Sydney, so I don't have input on which hotels are better but wanted to add that Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, and Langham (as well as Shangri-La) are all part of AMEX FHR, so if you are able to book through that program you might consider it. Langham offers a $100 spa credit , but the others all offer $100 food & bev credits ^ plus of course free breakfast through FHR.
Yes, unfortunately AMEX FHR does not yet have bookings for 2016 yet and I don't want to wait until November (or later) when those contracts are finalized to book. Still though, good to keep in mind and if there is a good promo running I will certainly be looking into that option.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I love Park Hyatt Sydney. It's truly an aspirational property. The location is great for access to the ferries and sightseeing boats. Still, I had an excellent stay at the Sheraton on the Park. The train from the airport has a stop immediately across the street. It was an easy location for transportation as was the Westin where I have also stayed.

PH Melbourne is ok, but not on the same level as the PH Sydney.
Thanks Carol. Easy airport access is definitely a big plus for the Sheraton. Helpful insights!