FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dallas For a Day and Night
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:50 am
EmailKid
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by 466SHH
JusT an update to my January 2014 post. No need to mess with the TRE anymore. The DFW DART station (Orange Line) was completed some months ago and you can now pick up the light rail outside Terminal A.
Actually completed about a year ago, five or six months ahead of shcedule, unheard of here in slowest construction city in the world

Originally Posted by 466SHH
Trains are air conditioned but the stations are outside, so the wait (generally under 20 minutes) is not. I've taken it myself a couple of times now and it is very convenient. And the fare is $2.50 each way.
Orange Line runs every 20 unless late at in evening or at very early and late hours.

Most of the time there is a train waiting (at least IME), so it's not too bad. But yes, with temperatures expected to reach 100 degrees today it can be uncofortable if train isn't waiting.

And due to (probably poor construction) train often runs at speeds of 20-25 MPH in certain part, plus with the addition of a longish detour it uncessarily takes a full hour to get downtown. Starts out pretty fast, but slows down after Beltline and picks up speed after University of Dallas.