FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are your favorite travel myths?
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:20 pm
superangrypenguin
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I was on a 30 day private tour and the name of the tour for my husband, myself, guide and driver had the name honeymoon in it. For some reason they thought we were on our honeymoon. We were upgraded and feted everywhere. The embarrassing highlight was when our guide told us to dress nicely for dinner because you never know what might happen.

As the dinner wore on we heard a band start to play in the kitchen area with singing and drummers... people started to emerge from behind the scenes and a huge group of 25 band folks in national dress started to come out. I said to my husband "please don't let them be coming for us". Sure enough they were. They made us stand up and dance with them and come up on stage. They all wished us well and gave us a cake with happy honeymoon on it and a present. An Asian group of tourists nearby squeezed through the tables and started taking photos of us as if we were Brad and Angelina! We were wished many happy years together and many happy babies in numerous speeches. I said to my husband after this huge fanfare to not ever admit we were not on our honeymoon as they went to so much trouble.
I was more talking about the line about where it doesn't work on Air Canada as they have audits for this sort of stuff and the person doing the upgrade would be fired.

I should have been more clear, sorry. But cool story though