FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MEX Connection Times and Information international - domestic master thread
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:36 pm
sw3
Used to be 'etrevino'

Programs: AA, BA, AM Plat, HH Silver, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
(2) I went to the aduana station on the right - closest to my baggage carousel. After going through, she then sent me to the one to the far left when she saw I was in transit. I have no idea why.
Officers will sometimes send passengers from certain flights to different lines. My guesses: 1) there might be a higher percentage of red lights programmed for passengers coming from Central America, Colombia, Peru and the like, 2) officers might be checking on those passengers more closely. Both guesses for the same reason the drugs dogs will smell all the checked baggage coming on those flights before it's put onto the carousels. I don't know, it's just a guess. It could also be a work-balancing thing so officers can get some rest now and then.

By the way, the fact that the dogs have to smell everything before it's released to passengers is a good reason not to choose short connecting times on MEX when arriving from those countries.

Last edited by sw3; Jul 27, 2015 at 7:46 pm