FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Y & J- LHR-MIA-LHR, Miami, Orlando & 2015 Chevy Tahoe
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:09 pm
louislitt

Programs: Amex Centurion, B.A. Silver, Virgin Atlantic Gold, C.X. Diamond
My opinion: The Chevrolet Tahoe 2015 Model.

The Chevrolet Tahoe that we had for this trip was the LT model.

A bit about the 1st car:

It came with Florida plates and 24,000 miles on the clock.

It was the second-level trim. The first is LS. Then LT. Finally LTZ. We had LTZ last summer in L.A.

Base Price is $48,000

It roughly can achieve at best 23 MPG (We only have achieved 17mpg so far)

It’s main features are :
-Bose Surround Sound
-Reversing Cameras
-Heated and Ventilated front seats
-GPS.

The ride for an American car wasn’t too bad, but steering was pretty heavy. It was the same qualm that we had with the 2014 edition that we drove last Summer.

It has 8 seats but with all the luggage we have those rear seats will not come up.

Our experience:

As I previously mentioned we rented the car from Alamo, which was a mistake. The car arrived to us without being hoovered and had dirt all over the inside (see pictures):

I’m starting to think that the lighting inside their garage is dark for a reason…

Anyhow, three days later we had arrived in Orlando and I was at the Florida Mall with Dad and the boot of the car wouldn’t close. The mechanism got stuck and after taking the rear panel off the ‘trunk’ we were able to close it.

I decided to call Alamo at MCO to request an exchange and eventually after two days of calling four times a day, Dad and I drove up to the Alamo at MCO to swap out the old with a new one.

We had to refuel first, and of course there was no Petrol Station anywhere near our end of MCO.

We eventually found a Shell 15 minutes away after driving through the airport twice.

Drop off's at MCO:

Shell:

After dropping $10 on toll's we arrived. And after spending another half an hour waiting for the new one to arrive. We were out by 23:15. A full 1hr:25 minutes after we arrived in the MCO complex.

There was a huge difference with the old one and the new one.

The new one had:
-A sunroof
-Lane assist
-Rear-entertainment
-On-Star Navigation.

It also had 15,000 miles on the clock and for some reason had better handling.

The bottom line for this car is that it is great when out here on holiday. We have had a Tahoe every time we have come to America on holiday in the last 5 or so years which means that I have been in the 2015, 2014, and 2012 edition. This means that I have been able to watch the car develop and compare to previous editions.

Would I buy one if it came out in England?- No. We have only achieved 18 miles to the gallon. Our Panamera achieves 31 miles and its technically a 'sports car.' The handling wouldn’t match to anything that is on offer in Europe anyway. It would need some serious changes if it entered the EU market. BUT then again it isn’t really designed for that market, so it isn't a fair comparison.

Would I buy one if I moved to America?- Maybe. But like all cars, if you speck if right then yeah. But for this price you can get a second-hand Range Rover (new shape) which is much more preferable in my opinion.

Would I recommend this car as a rental? - I have sought MrLittSr’s advice on this and we would. It’s an experience that adds to your vacation. It’s better than a Toyota Sienna thats for sure!

If this car was a human who would it be?- Piers Morgan. You either love him or hate him. He is only designed for a few markets and can’t be taken and used everywhere without changes being made

Amount of Stars out of Five- 3.5/5

*If there are any more specific pictures you would like, please ask.*

Last edited by louislitt; Jul 28, 2015 at 9:18 am