FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Special Meals Thread (2015-2020)
Old Jul 26, 2015, 1:18 pm
superangrypenguin
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Airlines are notorious for high sodium/ high fat content and one of the biggest problems with low fat prepared foods is that the sodium content is often significantly higher than with regular foods. What special meals do you FFs take when trying to keep both sodium and fat intake down?
Obviously this is because taste buds change up there as everyone knows.

My best guess is the other than the FPML (fruit plate) is the AVML (Asian Vegetarian).

There is another FTer that I know who flies probably more than all of us who hates sodium. That FTer consistently orders the AVML for this reason. So while it's hearsay coming from me, at least that may help.

The low fat part is something that obviously I did not inquire about. However, in Asian cooking, I can't think of many meals that contain things that are high fat (butter, milk, cheese etc are all generally not in asian cooking). However, the AVML MAY contain lactose as it doesn't explicitly list that it does not. Plus I can't think of any vegetarian dishes that are high fat - albeit I am not vegetarian. I am a steakarian

Anyways, that's my best guess. HTH.

Before anyone asks...

AVML = Asian vegetarian
VOML = Vegetarian Oriental.

AVML = low salt. The VOML certainly is not low salt. AVML may contain dairy. VOML does not. <--took me months to figure the differences between the 2 meals, so there you go