FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA rules after SPIRE
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:32 am
Spock Seat

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by olegator
Royal Ambassador Criteria: Royal Ambassador status is by invitation only. To qualify for invitation to Royal Ambassador status, an Ambassador member must: During their membership year, stay at least 75 qualifying nights in any IHG® properties including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, HUALUXE™, EVEN™ Hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites. At least 30 of these qualifying nights must be at InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts properties. The member must also stay at 3 or more different InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts properties. SCH reserves the right to change these criteria at any time and without prior notification. Existing Royal Ambassador members must meet the criteria listed within the last 365 days from the expiry date of the status. Rewards Nights do not qualify towards Royal Ambassador status/...
Are there too many RA's? Something tells me someone very envious decided to create and green light this criteria.
When I recently checked the Criteria, none of this was listed (i.e. it was removed). All that was there was the level
was by "invitation only." Did it change again? I thought it was 60 nights, and 3 different brands, etc.

P.S.: I disapprove of the phrase "Spire Elite".

Last edited by Spock Seat; Jul 26, 2015 at 11:37 am