FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Santa Fe or ABQ flights?
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:14 pm
aghiv

Programs: Hhonors Gold, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by coffeefrappe
Hi...I'm looking for Santa Fe, NM flyers for expert advice, please! I will be flying from PHL to Santa Fe (SAF) in a few weeks. Really awful flight times on AA between these two cities (5:30 a.m. or 6 p.m. only-- through DFW).

Trying to decide if it is best to fly directly to SAF or to fly into ABQ (which offers better flight options, but they are more expensive & take I will need to take the shuttle (about $30 each way).
Any advice? Thoughts are appreciated!
SAF is teeny tiny, it only regained commercial service a few years ago. I think there are less than six flights a day, total (all on the smallest RJs in the fleet). ABQ is hardly a major hub itself, but it has way more options (8x a day to/from DFW, mostly on MD80s). Are you not renting a car? The drive is a straight shot up I25, shouldn't take more than an hour. There's also the train between Albuquerque and Santa Fe which I think is only $8 each way (you'll have to get from the airport to the train station downtown. I think there's a bus, but you'll want to check the timetable.)