FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Master thread] What's the best "act of kindness" you've experienced while traveling
Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:24 am
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

I had an exceptional act of kindness from the team at the US immigration service in San Diego. I keep our passports in a case that has some currency in it. I cleared immigration and was almost to our home some 30 miles north. We received 3 unidentified calls in rapid succession. We don't answer unidentified calls, but the third one showed a San Diego number and we took it. Somehow, I had managed to drop the case. The calls were from the immigration people. They had the wallet and we could return to claim it. However, we were now 30 miles north and they were closing in 15 minutes. Someone quickly volunteered to meet us on his commute home. We chose a gas station at the off ramp closest to our home. We knew he couldn't accept a thank you of any substantive value, but believed that a $25 Starbucks card would be acceptable. No, he wouldn't even take that. Everything, from tracking us down to bringing it to us, was so incredibly kind.