FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest U.S. City to Hold a Conference for about 75
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:09 pm
kettle1

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by RustyC
Would be surprised if anyone can beat Vegas on price, unless you're going opposite CES, Comdex or one of the handful of shows large enough to affect hotel rates. There's a lot of overcapacity in that city most of the time.

OTOH, there's a bit of stigma, especially fed by those who haven't actually been there. So it gets the junket label attached or somehow gets taken less seriously, and they lose a lot of booking on just that image alone. Something like Omaha, OTOH, screams austerity and the life of a monk, especially in winter.
How many visitors come to Las Vegas?
Last year was 41,126,512

How many convention delegates visit?
2014 saw 5,169,054 attendees.

How many conventions are held per year?
22,103 were held last year.

What is Clark County's gaming revenue?
In 2014 it was $9.6 Billion.

What is Las Vegas Strip's gaming revenue?
Last year was $6.4 Billion.

SOURCE: http://www.lvcva.com/stats-and-facts...-of-las-vegas/

LAS is the number one place in the World to hold a convention, by far. The numbers prove it. No thanks to the Presidents comments a few years ago that we all felt living in Las Vegas saying "don't blow your money in LAS" or on Super Bowl tickets - Brilliant statement. I will leave it at that, as I do not want this to hit OMNI.

That is just convention numbers. Add in the meetings, weddings, conferences and that number is even higher. Much higher.

I can tell you as a fact (depending on dates) the four properties I listed above will give the OP a bid and you can use that bid to shoot for other properties and hardball them on price. If they do not agree, go with one of the four properties. Three more picks are GVR, Lake Las Vegas or Texas Station. They can handle 500+ people, easy.

Most of the properties will fly 2 people to check it out, well in advance of the conference and try to win the bid.

Good luck OP! Las Vegas is the place. Low airfare (from almost anywhere), low hotel cost, some of the finest selections of Restaurants in the World.

I do live in LAS and in no way am I profiting by stating these facts.