FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US-AA FT forums [what's up?]
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:22 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by CPRich
I had expected the pre-merger forums to close after 10/17. Is this not the case? Yes, there will still be some integration issues - labor contracts, etc. - but won't all customer-facing/FF items being integrated?
Yes, all customer-facing issues should be integrated by that time.

The Moderation crew is discussing these very issues. 17 October might be a very good target date for the move. It's good we're thinking about these issues, IMO, and input from active members is valuable.

Alternatively, the legacy AA and US fora could be left open whilst the active and relevant threads are moved to the Combined forum, with whatever "unfinished business" we LAA and LUS folks might feel attract our continued participation.

Either way, I think further threads like the Combined stickies (Welcome, current merger issues, just the facts, etc.) and thread wiki construction in combination with thread curating will be part of it to make for a smoother transition.

apeortdz, I hope it doesn't appear I'm hijacking your thread here. I think we're all on the same page, and as I said, your input is helpful. Thank you for bringing the issue up.