FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:54 am
Daveyb101

Originally Posted by connorc
I was denied two days ago for a Platinum Select card. The rep I spoke with couldn't tell me why I was denied but said it would give the reasons in a letter that was sent. I assume that it was because have a relatively low income which I earn when I'm not in school. Since I'm 20, I can't claim any other income (like my family's) that could be used to pay bills.

From my understanding, the only way I can earn miles (as well as the 30k bonus) for ME to use, is if I'm the primary cardmember. I'm assuming miles can't be deposited in the Advantage account of an authorized user instead. Right?

What might be my course of action to try to get approved?
If you can't charm your way into Citi, you can attempt to get the SPG Amex.
Amex may evaluate your circumstances differently, and often exhibit more flexibility in the reconsideration process.
The points transfer to AA, with a 5K bonus when transferred in 20K increments. You won't receive the AA specific benefits that come with the citi card, but you'll at least be earning points and building your credit file.