FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Master thread] What's the best "act of kindness" you've experienced while traveling
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:12 am
ysolde
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I was flying back to school (SJU-MIA-LAX-SJC). Long flight, and I developed a migraine in transit. It was a day flight, and the sunlight coming in from the window was making the pain all that much worse. My stomach grew increasingly queasy, and I had to use the air sickness bag. I almost died from embarrassment. A FA noticed my distress and came over. She took the bag away (I told her I would dispose of it in the bathroom, and she said that was her job and not to worry). She asked if I had a migraine, when I told her I did, she brought a cool rag (I think it was a couple of those warm towels, dipped in cool water), put it on my forehead, pulled the window shade down, and brought me cold water to drink. She helped me get my medication out of my carry-on. She kept checking on me.

A long and terrible flight made bearable by the kindness of a FA who truly cared.