FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The dumbest travel-related mistake you ever made?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:58 pm
Fragola

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
Well I just had an incident of packing while distracted. During a busy work week I started through things on top of my suitcase for my upcoming trip. I had supposedly packed my travel adapter but only half of it. My adapter set has various plates that slide in place over a base plug. Stupidly I forgot the base because the Schuko plate for Europe is bulky on its own to allow sitting into the round inaet of the wall outlets.

Off I went to Stockmann in Helsinki and bought the cheaper of 2 available adapters plus a portable phone charger which I also forgot. (My phone eats through its charge and I used it a lot since free WiFi is everywhere in Helsinki).

Getting back to my hotel room. I realized the cheap adapter was almost useless since it had no place for the ground pin on my power cord. The space to insert plugs is also deeply inset rendering it useless for all but one of the devices which I normally would have plugged into the powerbar.

I made due overnight with the bathroom shaver wall outlet which had a 110v outlet that stayed powered up even when the bathroom master switch was off.

Off to Stockmann again the next day to purchase the expensive adapter I should have bought in the first place (but at twice the price).