FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - About to ditch Centurion after 10 yrs: final thoughts.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:37 pm
bubu-SNA

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
...I voted with my wallet when the Centurion benefits started eroding. AMEX could care less, not even a call from the "relationship manager" on where the deep 7 figure spend went. *cough* chase *cough*

While I still carry the centurion in my wallet, its now used solely in strategic situations where I know I'll likely be taking advantage of the extended warranty benefit. How do I justify the $2,500...by using the "double the mfg warranty" up to 5 years (vs. 1 additional year with platinum). Its the sole reason this card is still a value prop for me...

Delta Platinum "lite" is craptastic, Hertz Plat is a nice benefit...wish I rented cars more often, and what else is there...free gogo & boingo? That about sums up my thoughts on the card. Everything else can be obtained with a Platinum card or SPG.

When (not if) the extended warranty benefits erode I'm canceling. Call me a pessimist, but its only a matter of time. Icing on the cake is that a gold rewards card offers more MR earnings then a Centurion!