FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the most fun you've had in an irrops?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:37 pm
dagohh

Programs: BAEC "I'm blue Da ba dee da ba di", Skywards Blue, Miles & More (very passive)
Not so fancy as yours, here are mine:

"The city break"
Five years ago, the last leg of my SEA-LAX-LHR-HAM trip was cancelled (CC strike) and for some weird reason, the online rebooking let me only pick the earlier long haul and the later short haul, giving me 8.5 hours in London.
I left the airport, hopped on the tube and walked around London a bit for the first time in ten years, had lunch and when the jet lag really hit me, returned to the airport and continued my trip home. It was a lot better than hanging around in the air conditioned terminal. In the end I spent less time in T5 than on my original connection.

"The rollercoaster"
Another one was GLA-LHR-HAM on the 23rd December 2013, when it started to get windy. I was at the airport early enough to be put on an earlier flight to Heathrow at check in (Quote from memory: "I booked you on the earlier flight, the weather is bad, we want to get you down there."). The plane stood at the gate in Glasgow long enough for a drink service and the crosswind approach after sunset was... interesting. I haven't heard applause after touchdown for some years. The flight to Hamburg was a bit delayed but uneventful.

"The one for the plane nerd"
The first irrop I ever had doesn't really belong here It was a MAH-HAM flight as a teenager where the scheduled Condor 737 (IIRC) was replaced by a very empty Lufthansa A300.